PRE & POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Eyelash extensions increase the length, volume and thickness of your natural lashes. It is a pain-free process and they feel weightless on your eyes. They are also water resistant, so you can shower, swim and exercise without damaging them.
- As a rule, avoid scratching your eyes as this can cause your lashes to break.
- Remove all eyeshadow and/or mascara before you come to your treatment.
- If you want to tint your lashes, do this 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Remove your contact lenses.
- Decide whether you want to add length (long extensions) or volume (short extensions).
- If your eyes are swollen, red or itchy you will have to wait for it to clear up before any treatment can commence.
- Contraindications: chemo clients, allergic reactions to product or any infections.
- Do not wet the extensions for 10 hours after application.
- Any moisturisers, eye creams, oily or creamy eye make-up removers will act as a debonder to the glue, so take care when washing your face, making circles around the eyes.
- Use eye make-up remover wipes to remove eyeshadow or eyeliner. Close your eyes and wipe gently. Chrissanthie eyelid cleanser is recommended. Cleanse the rest of your face with normal facial cleanser.
- Do not rub your eyes or pull your extensions. Rather use the brush supplied. Pulling the lashes out will remove your extensions and hurt or damage the hair follicle, stunting future hair growth.
- Curling of lash extensions are NOT recommended, especially NOT with a heated curler.
- Do not use mascara as this will remove the lash extensions. Only use mascara when most of them have fallen out. Special lash extension mascara is available .
- Be careful when you wash your hair as shampoo/conditioner can run into your eyes and constant rubbing/moisture can remove the extensions.
- Avoid saunas and steam rooms for 48 hours after your treatment.