To make sure you get the most out of your tan, please read the pre- and post-care instructions carefully.
- Exfoliate your entire body with a coarse scrub the night or at least an hour before your treatment. Do not use a creamy scrub. Concentrate on areas of dead skin build-up, e.g. knees, elbows and ankles.
- After exfoliation the night before, apply a very light, non-oily moisturiser that will absorb quickly. Nurse’s Own Aqueous Cream is recommended. Do not apply any moisturiser on the day of your tan.
- If you want spray tan on your face too, do not apply any deodorant, perfume or make-up, as these will interfere with the tanning solution.
- Wax: two days prior treatment. Shave: 24 hours prior treatment.
- Bring loose fitting, dark clothes and open shoes, as well as a dark G-string/swimwear to wear during the treatment. If at all possible, forgo your bra. Dark trunks or boxer shorts are recommended for the men.
- If it is raining on the day of your treatment, please remember to bring an umbrella!
- After your treatment, do not shower, bath or swim for at least eight hours. This will allow the tan to develop to its maximum. Water contact stops the tanning process immediately and may result in an uneven/streaky tan. It is best to refrain from exercise too, as sweating and any friction will affect the results.
- Shower after the developing time has passed. Some excess bronzer will wash off during the first shower, leaving you with the end result. It is recommended to wash twice during your first shower – first with clean water (to wash all the bronzer off), then with a ph 5.5 balance soap/shower gel. Pat skin dry with a towel.
- Moisturise twice daily to prolong your tan.
- Long baths, steam rooms, chlorinated pools, saunas and sweating will cause your tan to fade faster.
- To maintain your tan, use transformer luxe for best results.
- Your tan will last seven to ten days – depending on your skin type and how well you maintain it. It will start to fade gradually. To ensure your tan fades evenly, it is best to start exfoliating your skin gently in those areas. Do this when your skin is moist, e.g. while in the shower. Use a buff sponge.
- Do not wear satin clothing or sleep in satin sheets before your first shower. Satin fabric can promote sweating, which may create streaks.
- Do not rub or scratch your skin while your tan is developing – this may cause streaks.
- If you are getting into a car with leather seats on a hot day, it is recommended to sit on a towel as leather promotes sweating.
- Apply sunscreen to prevent sunburn. Spray tans do not protect your skin against the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Avoid using any moisturisers or products that contain Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Sodium Laureth Sulphate, as these ingredients promote increased exfoliation and will accelerate the fading process of the tan.
- Try to avoid shaving or waxing following your spray tan application. Shaving can cause the tan to look patchy. If you need to shave, use a fresh blade and shaving cream to avoid scratching the skin.
Enjoy the new sun-kissed you!